CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

BOoNiE GOoNieS

Weirdos!! That's about all I can say and in the nicest way. lol! We went to the Boone Pufferbilly Day Parade yesterday morning. Well the girls and I did, Phil was working as usual. So, that means we walked ....a mile...one way.... to downtown boone. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but my legs were feeling it by the time we reached home. I've been walking a mile everyday, so if I hadn't been doing that I would've passed out I'm sure.
I swear everyone and their dog smokes in this town. I had at least 7 people standing near by smoking I was going to move but everyone else appeared to be smoking too! Worst thing is they all had little kids with them (under age 4). Even as a former smoker I think that is absolutely crazy!!!Selfish at the least.
Last night we went out to the fairgrounds and Jaz road a couple rides and then we went home. People there were just WEEEEIIRRRRDDDDDD. Maybe a few "normal" ones but that's about it.
Today - Phil just got done making Jaz a "Robot" costume out of boxes...maybe I'll post pics later! haha! The rest of the day we'll likely just relax on our only day off...put some things on craigslist and play outside. My favorite weather(fall type)!!!! This week we're having soup a LOT! TOday chili and homemade chk noodle...yummm!!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

that is one of my biggest pet peeve.. seeing adults smoke around lil ones.. the reunion i went to at the park on sat. i(and my kids) had to move a few times b/c of smoke, seems like where ever i moved to, someone would light a smoke, move again, same thing! i was getting pissed.. i said outloud to the family sitting around me, "next year, i'm going to make no smoking signs and post it all over the shelter!"

katylinvw said...

i agree with chelsea, smoking with children is the height of selfishness! it makes me so angry!